How to use this book:
The Dynamic Approach rarely involves a diet prescription. Instead, my aim is to educate you on how to properly structure your eating choices WITHIN your current lifestyle.
It’s easy to recognize that there are lots of popular diets out there, but the lack of true education has left you, the consumer, frustrated. This book will not favor one method over another; rather it will serve as a set of facts to help you move forward in your own individual journey.
The following set of information has helped people across the world in their fitness journey, and will most certainly help you. However, you must be ready to take action. While knowledge is the missing ingredient publicly, implementation is often what is missing personally be ready to make the changes, and you WILL find success!
FIRST, before reading any of this book, I recommend that you log your food for 5-7 days. Be sure you track your food intake, total calories, macronutrient breakdown, fluid intake, supplementation, and any non-quantitative markers associated with these 3-4 days (i.e. sleep quality, performance, overall feeling, hunger, etc.) You will need to use a calorie or macro counting apps like Fat Secret, My Fitness Pal, or My Macros+ to do this.
Moving forward, read each chapter, and make the appropriate changes. Be patient, and understand that true change takes time. I am never about quick fixes, nor should you be.
As you make a change, track your own personal feedback. If you are making the progress you desire, continue on your way. If not, re-read the given chapter and make the next appropriate change.
In the end, several small changes will lead to a much better LIFESTYLE. I firmly believe and have proved, that this is a recipe for SUCCESS in any nutritional endeavor.
About the Author:
Mike Kesthely has been involved in athletics his entire life, ranging from years playing box lacrosse, martial arts, rock climbing, mountain biking and Crossfit. He has worked as a Firefighter/Paramedic for the Lethbridge Fire Dept since 2000, and is the past Health & Fitness Coordinator for the department. His passion now lies with nutrition & functional lab analysis, and improving client performance, health, and longevity through dietary augmentation.
Current Certifications and Education:
- Former lead instructor for the OPT (Now OPEX) CCP Nutrition Level 1 in Scottsdale, AZ, at the International Center for Fitness, 2011-2014
- Former trainer with Crossfit Lethbridge
- Optimum Performance Training Certified Coaching Program Nutrition, Level-1, under James Fitzgerald and Mat Lalonde, PhD
- Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner
- Precision Nutrition certified (Sport & Exercise Nutrition) through Dr. John Berardi
- Crossfit Nutrition certified under Robb Wolf Crossfit Trainer, Level-1 certified
- Functional Movement Screen under Tim Takahashi, M.Kin., CAT(C), CEP, CK, CSS
Gone are the days of dieting being about carrying your Tupperware everywhere and ensuring your 6 meals per day. However, that old school methodology has certainly left us with some valuable ideas as to how we can be best prepared to ensure we meet our protein requirements.
Before moving forward, I find it prudent to give you time to examine your why. Why are you reading this book? What do you want to achieve? What will achieving those goals do for your life?
From my experience, I believe your goals will fall into one of three categories: lose weight, gain weight, or perform better.
Once you’ve read this book, you’ll have the essentials to structure a proper nutrition plan for whatever your goal may be. We’ve given you the Cliff’s Notes guide to setting up your plan, and structuring it around the times that you train, work, and sleep.
Every day you see a new MUST READ e-book or LIFE CHANGING e-book you have to read or else. Sometimes the internet can be overwhelming with information. To ease your searching, we have put all of our knowledge of nutrition into one place, THIS E-BOOK!
Here are a couple of factors to consider if you are wondering if this e-book is for you!
- This e-book is not about a diet, rather, it is aimed to educate you on how to structure your eating choices within current lifestyle correctly!
- We help with explaining how to eat for your goals if your goal is weight loss versus weight gain versus better performance!
- We help explain the importance of fats/carbohydrates and proteins, how much you should be eating and why they are essential.
- We teach the ins and outs of food quality and food timing for optimal performance, recovery and or weight loss goals!
- We talk about hot topics such as fasting, cleansing and carb rotations!
As a company we want to give you the tools you need to reach your goals, we hope this book can help bridge the gap between wanting to achieve your goals and creating an action plan for your goals!